Freelance journalist Ellen Chang starts a collaboration with Detavernier Strategic Communication for media trainings in Austin and Houston.
Ellen Chang is a Houston based freelance journalist who writes for U.S. News & World Report and The Street. Sectors which she has covered at one point in her career are oil and gas, banking, pharmaceuticals, software, technology, private equity and FMCG.
Evidence-based media trainings
Ellen will be available as a co-trainer where she will take on one of the simulated interviews during the media training, assist Jo Detavernier in the hot debriefs of trainees and share her personal experiences taking interviews from executives.
The media trainings are evidence-based and designed in a manner that equip trainees with skills and insights that will serve them for the rest of their careers. All simulated interviews are on-camera. The training covers:
- The design and use of message maps, Q&As and lists of “tough questions”
- Key delivery techniques such as flagging, headlining and bridging
- Non-verbal delivery (voice and body language)
- Specific attention points for print, audio and video interviews
- The sense and nonsense of popular delivery “rules”
- Hitting the emergency button when things go awry
- Examples of good and bad practices from the video library
A typical training session takes 2 hours and 45 minutes and allows for a training of up to three executives.
Training modules for specific needs
Clients can choose to add special modules to the basic package – these 30 minutes modules cover (max. of one per training session)
- Communicating to the media in a crisis
- Media interviews for non-native speakers
- Female executive presence [led by Ellen]
Ellen will be available for media training workshops in both Austin and Houston.
Contact me today for a quote for your next media training session.
Were you interested in the news of Ellen Chang joining the media training team?
You might also like our article on evidence-based media trainings where I talk about the need to make media trainings firmly grounded in science.
492 people already subscribed to our quarterly newsletter. Join them today.
- How to share information under embargo with U.S. media - July 7, 2021
- Ten questions answered on contributed articles in tech media - April 17, 2021
- A look at the Austin tech media scene - March 13, 2021